Bernays and Whitehouse Medical Partnership has 2 very active patient groups which meet regularly at Blossomfield Surgery or Grove Surgery and we are seeking new members.
Activities that the patient groups are involved in include:
- Improving communication with the regular production of a patient newsletter providing patients with information about various health aspects and highlighting initiatives being promoted by the practice.
- Participating in the organisation of health promotion events to improve patient awareness of facilities that are available to them (e.g. Dementia Awareness event, the Winter Warmth campaign)
- Assist in the collection of the views of the patients on a number of subjects by helping with the various surveys undertaken within the practice.
- Highlighting patient issues that the practice is facing (e.g. high level of missed appointments).
- Supporting flu clinics
- Influence the services that are provided by the practice by providing a patients' view as to the issues and their relative importance.
We are particularly proud of the work that the patient group undertook in October last year in hosting an 'Under One Roof' event to raise awareness of mental health issues. The event held at at Solihull Christadelphian Church offered help and advice in all areas of mental health including guidance in dementia research and advice and support for carers.
The day attracted many patients and their families and was supported by a wide range of health and volunteer organisations including mental health and community groups, Solihull Carer's Centre, Rethink for Carers, Recovery College for all.
The patient group is now busy planning a new event for later this year.
We attach a copy of the Action Plan for 2018-19 completed by the Shirley Patient Group for information of the aims and activities of the group.
Shirley Patient Group Action Plan 2018-19
If you would like to join one of our patient groups or would like further information please contact Helen Harding, Patient Services Administrator on 0121 705 1105. Helen will pass your contact details onto the groups chairs.